Sunday, April 12, 2009

What Easter Is About

Happy Easter!!!

This morning, while talking to several people, I told them a story.
My parents are here for a visit and my dad put Garrett in his sweater vest. Then he commented that Garrett looked, "Sharp." Apparently, Garrett didn't want to look sharp because he started trying to rip his sweater vest off. I told him that if he didn't leave it on he wouldn't get to have Easter fun after church. At that point, Garrett shaped up.
As I was telling the story I said, "Garrett's attitude changed right away because he knows what Easter's about."
And then I inserted my foot so far into my mouth I choked on it. Quickly, I added, "I mean, he knows what Easter is really about. But he also knows..."
And another person replied, with a smirk, "What Easter is about."
Well, yes. The pastor's wife basically said that Easter is about candy. Good grief, what is the world coming to? Seriously. Thankfully, if you ask my son what happened on Easter he replies, "Jesus rose again."

3 comments:

  1. *snort* oh that is great.

    my kids too. I had to spray n wash the chocolate dribble off a couple outfits from children that declared "Easter, Valentines and Christmas" the best days ever at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a couple of handsome men...oh and you and Troy look good too. :o) lovin' the sweater vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I've visited your blog.

    I am also a pastor's wife who is hoping to adopt. We are currently in the beginning stages of adoption.

    I will stop back to read more of your blog. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete