I just got a bill from the lawyer here in SLC for just shy of 1,000 dollars. That was after a courtesy discount of an additional 1,000. And that was after we paid him a 3,500 retainer. I need to send the new lawyer in California a retainer of 2,000 dollars. I am waiting for a bill from the other California attorney which will probably be a couple grand in addition to the 3,000 dollar retainer we already sent her. This has led me to several conclusions.
1. Praise God my grandparents had given us a loan.
2. Praise God that people are sending us donations of 25, 40, 100 and, in a couple cases, even more than that.
3. If the Lord allows us to keep Matthew, he'd (Matthew that is) better never, ever talk back. And also, better play in the NFL or be the president or something.
4. If we lose him, I should probably be locked up. You know, somewhere with padded rooms and finger painting.
5. I should have been an adoption attorney.