Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gift

Yesterday I found out that the birth mother's lawyer was court appointed effective April 3. This means that we don't have to pay for the 3-16. We totally thought we'd have to pay for those two weeks so praise God that we don't!

Today I took Matthew with me to a women's conference. A room full of mothers and grandmothers and wannabe mothers and grandmothers well, let's just say, he was definitely a hit. I won a raffle prize and I was going to pass him off to my friend while I headed up to receive it. The woman calling numbers (who I've met at MOPS) would have none of that and I had to traipse up there with Matthew and display him to the rest of the women. She called him edible and talked about how darn cute he is. I was pretty much okay with it. It's not even a pride issue because I had nothing to do with making him. And he's totally delicious, it's true.

At the end of the day a little boy, maybe five, walked up to me and said, "God has given you a wonderful gift." I replied, "He sure has." But what I was thinking was, What kind of kid says that? Are you for real? Are you an angel? Did God send you to remind me that he. is. in. control? Of course, when I walked over and relayed the story to my friends I had to swallow down the lump in my throat.

I don't think he was really an angel but I certainly think that he was sent into my pathway today to remind me of God's blessing. This boy knew nothing of the legal fees or the fiasco we've found ourselves in. But what he saw was Matthew--our gift of God.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that just like God...I'm glad you didn't miss it. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! out of the mouths of babes!!! God will use anyone and anything to get His love across.
    And Matthew IS scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that little boy spoke truth. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i so wish that we had money, to be a part of this miracle in your life...so glad that you're getting little blessings and angels.

    ReplyDelete