Friday, April 24, 2009

It's The Year of BeeBeeBee

On the adoption front: We haven't heard from lawyers in over a week. While this is certainly less expensive than hearing from them, and allows us to pretend that nothing crazy is happening in our lives, it also makes activator people, like myself, a bit neurotic. I've been having some really nice, quiet, days with my boys so that has been a blessing but whenever I accidentally start rehashing the events that transpired in the hospital, I start to feel like I am on the brink of an anxiety attack. Generally, I just kind of breathe in and out and pray my way through it. God is good.

I'd just like to take a moment to say something that's been on my mind. Perhaps someone is reading this blog who is considering adoption and might be starting to rethink that given what they've seen us going through. I want you to know that I back adoption 100%. Our situation is certainly not the norm and, even having gone through the past two months, I fully support adoption. It has been wonderful to welcome another child into our home. It's been such a huge blessing to experience that all encompassing love for our son, even though it's been a tumultuous and gut wrenching eight weeks. If you take anything from what we're going through, I would want our story to lead you into the arms of adoption and not away from them. The way things have transpired, I believe, now more than ever, that Matthew needs us. If not for life than at least for now.

I know that this blog isn't titled, "The Funny Things Garrett Says" but it maybe should be. It seems that's all I talk about lately. Truthfully, I'd much rather spend every day chronicling the hilarious things he says as opposed to writing all the insane things that are happening with Matthew and his plethora of parents.

Yesterday:
G: I love you, mom.
Me: Ohhh, thanks. I love you, too!
G: But I love my daddy so much better.
Me: Oh. Okay.

We sing a song at church called Days of Elijah. Garrett really likes it and he's gotten pretty good at singing it. Sort of.

G: There's no God Jehoba. There is no God Jehoba. Hold he comes. Riding clouds. Shining like sun the trumpet calls. Lift voice year beebeebee.

Translation: There is no God like Jehovah. There is no God like Jehovah. Behold he comes, riding on the clouds, shining like the sun at the trumpet call. Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee...

I leave you with this video of my boys. The best part is that, when Garrett uses incorrect grammar, I correct him by saying, "That's not good English." I only wish that he had looked at me and said, "Mother, it was not proper English."

12 comments:

  1. Your boys are so cute! You're very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Look at that smile - I just want to pinch his little cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are precious!! I'm new to your blog. It actually popped up on google when I was trying to find demensions for a kiddie pool. It was the story about you getting a pool for your oldest son (back last June I believe was the date) and all the drama that unfolded. It made me laugh. ;o) Glad I happened on to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really too bad that adults don't cackle like children. I think the world would be a slightly happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have two VERY adorable sons!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through Joelle's link (who was linked from a common friend). Thanks for sharing your struggles and the funny things your little boy says. No wonder he was on "backorder" :) God's blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! I love Matthew's smile. I'm wondering if Trevin will be quite as funny as Garrett is...I certainly hope so, I'm sure it adds joy to your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, matthew is so cute!! i would pinch those cheeks all the time, i totally understand why you want to eat him!!! love it!!!
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, thanks for posting this video, it's so great to see him live. the laughter, so good for the heart. what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, I have been visiting your blog from Vashti's for a few weeks now but have not commented, simply because my heart wrenches every single time ... We have successfully adopted three children domestically (transracially) but in between we have also dealt with the heartbreak of two failed matches and one failed adoption (birthmom reclaimed baby after one week - during that week we also had a sit-down meeting with a contesting birthfather and our lawyer, so your blog brings back many memories of an anguished time.)

    Now we are in process to adopt two baby boys from Haiti and have been stalled for nine excruciating months on just one step of the process.

    Adoption is not for the faint of heart, but I appreciated what you shared in this post - our precious children are so worth it, even when the "labor" nearly destroys us at times. I pray that the Lord will do a miracle for your family and for Matthew very, very soon.

    God bless and keep you,
    Stephanie

    http://garcias2chile.blogspot.com
    http://iansadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete