If you've ever seen the Taylor Swift "Love Story" video, you know that she wears a formal period piece for the majority of the video. The love interest is Romeo. She is Juliet. Her hair is gorgeous. She's just...nearly perfect. Seriously. Go watch it on You Tube. Well, Garrett loves it! He always wants to watch "Julius!" In his little mind it's the tale of Romeo and Julius. It's kind of like how he thinks Adam and Steve were in the garden together. Or something like that.
Today I picked up my bridesmaid dress for my brother and Heather's wedding. When I got home I tried it on and Troy zipped me up. Garrett's eyes sparkled and he looked at me in a state of near awe. "Mommy's Julius!"
Oh man. If you ever need a pick me up, just have your two-year-old son refer to you as Juliet. No. Have him refer to you as Juliet when his only reference for Juliet is Taylor Swift. Granted, I look like a total scuz next to her but, apparently, not in my son's eyes. He followed, "Mommy's Julius!" with "Spin with me, Julius!" And together the two of us spun around my bedroom. He in his shorts and t-shirt and me in my ballgown. When you're in high school, what truly matters is finding the perfect dress to wear only once...to prom. When you're a mom, it doesn't matter if you'll wear the bridesmaid dress more than once or not. Not if when you put it on your kid thinks you're Juliet.
I've been tagged by Joelle!
1) List Six Unimportant Things That Make You Happy.
2) Mention and link to the person who tagged you
3) Tag six of your favorite bloggers to play along, and comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged.
1. Whipped Cream. In a can. In a tub. In a vat large enough for me to swim in. You name it. I think it one of the world's most scrumptious dairy items.
2. Onesies. I just think they are super adorably cute. Garrett had to wear onesies almost exclusively because of his giant Snouter and I fell in love with so many of them. And sometimes they just say the darndest things.
3. Candles. I don't burn candles nearly as much as I should. It makes me so happy to come down stairs and smell a candle aroma filling my kitchen.
4. Scrapbooking. I'm certainly not a pro and I am WAY behind but I just love to see a completed scrapbook.
5. Hamburgers. The hamburger is, by far, not my favorite food. But I do enjoy them and sometimes, nothing quite compares to a good hamburger.
6. Grocery carts with the car attached to the front of the seat affixed to the back. Seriously. They're like driving station wagons but where do the cart manufacturers think I'm supposed to put my two year old while my infant rides in the front? I can put my infant in the back and my two year old in the front or vice versa but then I can't buy any food.
I tag: Anyone who wants to play! I know, I'm breaking the rules but I actually get to go on a date tonight and I totally have to start getting ready.