Thursday, January 21, 2010

We Need Your Prayers

Okay. So. The BF is coming tomorrow. He is leaving on Saturday. I was going to set up another prayer list but he'll be here for like 28 hours and that would mean 168 increments of ten minutes, many of them in the wee hours of the morning, and that's all just too insane and out of control. And it would be crazy to ask someone to pray at, like, 3:15 am. And it's a really long time, y'all. And it's overwhelming. And. All. That. Jazz.

But we are still desperate for your prayers. If you think of us between the hours of 2:30 MST on Friday and 6:00 MST on Saturday, please lift us up in prayer. In fact, if you wouldn't mind leaving a comment and letting us know that you'll be praying, that would be incredible. It will be good to know that we have five or ten or two hundred people going before the throne on our behalf.

Things you can pray for:

1. BF is bringing his cousin. We don't know this man and it will be a little interesting to have the added dynamic of another human being thrown into this awesome party we've already got going on. Pray that his presence is helpful and not hurtful to the experience.

2. Pray that all goes well with their flight and their hotel.

3. Pray that Matthew will be himself. That he would be happy but also show his BF that he has angry/crabby/sobbing moments as well. He is incredibly attached to both Troy and me but he would make himself a permanent fixture on my body if given the opportunity. I want BF to see how attached he is and then I want that knowledge to be processed positively and not negatively.

4. Pray for Garrett. He will be staying with good friends (who he is VERY comfortable with) on Friday afternoon/evening as well as on Saturday. We've tried to keep him as UNinformed as possible this time because it seems that Garrett processes the situation negatively. Please pray that he has a great weekend, behaves properly and doesn't experience anxiety.

5. Pray that all of us would be respectful, kind, and loving to one another. And, most of all, that we would be safe.

6. Pray that we would see the BF the way God sees him, that we would love him the way God loves him, that we would not be easily offended, and that Christ will be seen through us.

7. Pray that we would have a peace that passes understanding. I have peace as I write this but who knows what will happen tomorrow. Heck, who knows what will happen ten minutes from now.

8. If you feel so led, pray for a miracle. Pray that his heart is radically changed. Pray that he realizes that allowing Matthew to be here with us is not abandonment but, rather, the greatest gift he could give him.

Additionally, you can pray for anything that pops into your mind. We are so thankful for your faithfulness to our incredibly long and drawn out adoption process. We could not be doing this without your financial contributions and your prayers. We have felt them. We need them. If you have been praying and will pray for us tomorrow and Saturday, please consider leaving a comment or dropping me an email so that we can use your name when we thank God for you.

Philippians 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you.

And, really, if you wanted to link to this post on your own blog, encouraging others to lift up us in prayer, well, I certainly wouldn't complain about that. We need ALL the prayers we can get.

50 comments:

  1. Will continue to pray. You inspire me, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful verse. One of my favorites.

    I think of you and pray for you all the time and I will continue it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. am praying, for that miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike and I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definitely be praying for all of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will be praying for you all...Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to be praying hard! I'll link from my blog, my facebook, and I'll twitter about it. I'll also add you to the prayer list at our church. I'm going to send emails to friends and family that will pray too.

    Don't lose heart. God is going to bless you for being faithful to Him during this storm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will be praying for you for the next 2 days

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family and I will surely say a prayer for you guys tomorrow and Saturday.. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. (I know you do not know me, but I work for Amber) (((hugs)))

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shauna and I will be praying here in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  11. praying and will continue to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will be praying for you!

    I love reading about your boys, such great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are with you in heart, mind and prayer!

    Your words... wow...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will pray for amazing strength for you both and that God will surprise you with how well things go. Hang in there!!

    Kerry :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lori, I am Jen Kremer's mother in law. We are in Eastern time zone. I will pray when I wake up which would cover some of your early morning hours. You have been on my prayer list for some time and will stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We will be praying for you all this weekend. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lori, I will be praying. I hope it goes well on both sides. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying, and linking to this post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying that Christ continues to shine through you both and that BF will see the adoption as good. Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  20. We already told you this, but we have been and will continue to pray for you this weekend. -Justin and Abi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your strength, compassion and honesty continue to inspire me. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Saying a prayer for your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Prayers for your little family...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Prayers for all of you coming from the Washington, DC. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. count me in too... praying for a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Count us in. Your strength amazes us. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  27. We'll be there with you. I also linked you on my blog so hopefully you can cross that "3:15am" off your list.
    Big hug to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. i have come across your blog via "blog hopping" and have never commented... but i would like you to know that you have my prayers as well. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow your blog and pray for you guys DAILY, though we have never met. I will be lifting this situation up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. On my knees for you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Prayers, yes. Absolutely. Sending you and your family light.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We will continue to pray for you guys, most certainly this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. We will continue to pray for you and your family. Matt and Michelle Ririe

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am praying right now and will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Dechape Family is praying for you today and tomorrow! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  36. We will keep you all in our prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just prayed for you all and your incredibly difficult situation. Loving you from afar and knowing your heart is tender and fragile. You can do this. Please let us know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  38. I will be praying constantly for you guys.
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  39. I will be praying for you guys, you are such an inspiration to me and I don't know how you do it...I can't even imagine meeting Peyton's BF. Love you guys and pray for a wonderful productive day with the BF. Hope all is well with you guys.
    Much Love
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey, I am a friend of Audrey Pinning Miller and have been checking your blog off and on since she brought your situation to my attention.
    I will be praying!
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  41. adoptive parent (Ethiopia)January 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM

    Assuming the father is black, it's a good thing you're keeping your white child away! Be sure to watch your purse. And by all means, keep that child away from his FATHER.

    Who do you think you are? People like you make me ashamed to be an adoptive parent.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ignorance is bliss, adoptive parent. You must be the happiest person on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Know this is past Friday and Saturday, but wanted to let you know we were praying and will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I work early mornings so I will pray for those things for you.

    ReplyDelete