Friday, January 8, 2010

The Real McCoy

In the event that Troy meets a sudden and untimely death, he's given me permission to marry Colt McCoy. There is the little matter of a five year age difference--the one where I turn 30 only days after Colt turns 25 but you win some and you lose some.

And really, I'd be an awesome NFL wife. I'd be all, "Colt! What were you thinking? You had a clear path to the end zone!" And he'd be all, "Lady, calm down!" I might have to renege my contract to marry Colt (in the event that Troy meets a sudden and untimely death) if he is drafted by the Raiders, however. Then, and only then, this deal would be off. Well, and if Colt doesn't want to marry the poor widow with two children. I guess he'd probably have to be alright with it, too.

8 comments:

  1. That's funny: I was just saying if I'm ever left sad and alone in this world without Justin, I'll be looking up Tim Tebow. I'm getting to be a better football wife everyday. Abi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, we can totally hang out at major NFL functions together! I mean, if our husbands (the ones we love very dearly and do NOT want to die ever until after we do) leave us sad and alone by meeting untimely deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to let you know if you go on K-love's website and go to the left hand side where it says K-Love Blogs and click on Lisa and Eric's blog, there are two videos about Colt McCoy. One was his interview from last night and then a video he made about his Christian walk.
    Thought you might be interested since you may marry him if Troy meets a sudden and untimely death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if he played for Kansas City? Would that be a deal-breaker for you? I know how much you LOVE that city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would be weird if your husband referred to you as "lady."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Missives, I'm with you on "what's football?" But I do have to insert "Go, Bama, Roll Tide!!!!" I paid attention when my home team won the national championship.
    I did feel bad for McCoy, though, and I appreciated his interview.

    ReplyDelete