Some days it's a miracle if I even remember to use the restroom. For real. It seems like there is always something that needs to get done before I can relieve my bladder and while that might be too much information, it's totally true. Take this afternoon for example. All of the following needed to be done before I recognized the need to urinate.
1. Feed Garrett.
2. Feed Matthew.
3. Bounce Matthew so he'd stop incessantly crying which was distracting me from getting anything else done.
Additionally, about 10,002 things needed doing in general. Although they could wait five seconds while I visited the potty. They include but are certainly not limited to...
2. Scrapbooking before my sons are out of the house and I've still got baby pictures lying around.
3. Paying the bills.
4. Sending an important email.
5. Organizing several spaces most important of which is the playroom. It looks like World War 3 started as a result of a disagreement between the closet and the toy box.
6. Put the boys down for naps.
7. Clean the whole house before it is deemed unlivable.
8. Schedule a dentist appointment for The Rock Star.
9. Finish reading Lord, Change Me by Evelyn Christenson.
10. Finish writing my retreat talks. I'm about 35% of the way there. If I pause and think too long about this my heart skips several beats and my blood pressure shoots through the roof.
11. Brush the motley and otherwise neglected dog.
12. Love and hug on my boys.
Etcetera. Etcetera. Etcetera.
You're wondering why I don't just stop maintaining a blog aren't you? Well, as of late I've been averaging about fifty cents a blog in ad revenue. I know that won't even buy me a pack of gum but it's more coin than I make doing anything else these days. Notice I said coin. Because what I lack in paycheck I more than make up for in other rewards.
But I do need to go because I totally meant to send that important email and, well, didn't. The boys will be up soon and I'm fairly certain that I'll need to schedule another trip to the bathroom before my day is done.