Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 6: Finding Beauty in Unexpected Places

We were in the car, on our way home from California, when I asked my mom, over the phone, what this week's theme was.

"Something like, Beauty in the Unexpected. Or Beauty in Unexpected Places. Something like that," she'd said. 

I repeated it and chimed in with something like, "What the heck am I going to do for that?"

My husband immediately replied, "Take a picture of flowers in a toilet bowl."

Oh yeah. I went there.
I like to call this "Flower Pot" and Matthew took a great deal of joy in helping me capture the shot. I tried whole roses floating in the bowl. I tried yellow petals with a single red rose bobbing in the center. Eventually I settled on using just a plethora of petals. Then, unsure as to whether or not these would flush without clogging my toilet, I fished them all out. That was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment