Monday, February 13, 2012

Disneyland Adventures

We definitely had a blast at Disneyland. Last summer we spent two days there. It was The Little Buddy's first trip and we did not think we'd be going back quite so quickly. In November, Troy's parents bought us a three day park hopper. We used one of the days with them. Matthew was already so in love with The Happiest Place on Earth that when we got home, anytime we got in the car to go anywhere, he would say, "We're going to Disneyland!" I would then inform him that, no, Disneyland is about eleven hours away from our house and we don't just hop in the car and go. But we've been there so many times in the last six months that I can hardly blame him.

Since we only had three passes, we decided that it made sense to head back to southern California and use the other two days before Matthew turns three and requires his own ticket. Side note: Can someone please tell me why people are now referring to California as Cali? First, I thought it was something that people from other states said. Then I started hearing it from my friends who were born and raised in California but have since moved away. Now I'm hearing it from people who are currently and actively living in the state. And, you know what, it's driving me out of my ever loving mind. Cali? It would maybe be one thing if people were calling it Cal-eh as in Cal-eh-fornia. No one calls it Cal-E-fornia. Except the former governor. I just...I don't get it. Can someone shed some light on this for me because it was decidedly not going on while I lived there. 

Anyway. We headed to California. So Cal. Anaheim. What have you. (Anywhere but Cali.) And we had a great time.

On Thursday we enjoyed a day mostly spent at California Adventure (Notice it is not called Cali Adventure). It was a leisurely day with just the four of us. The next day, my parents joined us and we spent the whole day at Disneyland--except for about a half hour when Troy took The Rock Star over to CA Adventure to ride his favorite attraction one more time. Kiddo loves himself some Tower of Terror.

Both days were shorts and t-shirt weather. We started the days off with light weight jackets but quickly abandoned them so our arms could soak up some sun.

How stinkin' cute are my boys? 
Grandma and Grandpa bought them the Mickey ears. Grandma gave them their choice of just about any ears in the entire Mad Hatter and my oldest son, very uncharacteristically, wanted the original ears. His little brother chose the pirate Mickey.

My parents snapped this shot of our family. 

Matthew is still much too tiny to ride Splash Mountain so while Grandma and Grandpa took Garrett, Matthew hung out with this guy...

Garrett posed with his grandparents after riding Thunder Mountain. 

My kids remind me exactly of my brother and me when we were little. I was the daredevil who would ride anything and my brother was the scaredy cat who was terrified of everything. The Rock Star hasn't met a ride he's afraid of. Well, that's not entirely true. He is afraid of the Jungle Cruise. Yep. You read that correctly. He's I've convinced him that the piranhas are real. I've also maybe grabbed him and pretended I'm going to throw him overboard into piranha infested waters. I am maybe not a candidate for Mother of the Year. Otherwise, however, my firstborn isn't afraid of anything.

Matthew, on the other hand, is terrified of almost everything. Really. I kind of want to stage an intervention. Pirates of the Caribbean--he burrows his head into my chest. Haunted Mansion--he burrows himself into my dad's armpit. Small World--he burrows...well, no. Okay, he isn't afraid of that one.

We don't have plans to be back in California anytime soon and my sons will definitely miss The Happiest Place on Earth. We are very thankful for all the fun days we were able to spend there over the past six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment