Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Got A Question?

It's been awhile since I've seen one of these going 'round. My friend has tagged me I can't currently post this week's photo theme because it's "Taboo" and I have no idea what on earth to post. So instead of trying to think outside the box on on that, I'll go right ahead and procrastinate.

First the rules: 
**You must post the rules
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged

**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them



1. What is your favorite crafty thing to do?
I love to scrapbook. This is certainly not evidenced by our current scrapbooks as the last pages I've gone in both boys' albums are Autumn. Of 2010.

2. First CD you owned?
I honestly can't remember what the first CD I owned was. What I do remember is the first tape I owned. I think I was seven.
This was followed, rather quickly, by New Kids on the Block and Debbie Gibson. Oh was I ever a product of the 80s.

3. Do you parallel park or drive around the block?
Generally speaking, I parallel park. Although, it should be stated that this comes with enormous amounts of sweat and hyperventilating. This aspect of the driving test was removed just before I had to take it. I'm rather thankful for this fact. I'm sure the poor man who gave me my license is glad he didn't have to witness the hot, sweaty mess of a sixteen-year-old that I would have been.

4. Favorite subject in school?
Math. Or not. English. I just love reading and writing and generally gushing about the Classics. When I was in the 7th grade, I walked up to my English teacher at the end of the year and asked if she would recommend me for Honors the following year. "I just want to be challenged more than I am in core English," I explained. A small smile had curled the edges of her lips. "Sure," she'd replied, "but I want you to know that I taught this class like an honors class. If you weren't challenged here you probably won't be challenged in honors either." Open mouth, insert foot=story of my life. I'd tried to back track, afraid I'd grossly offended her. In the end, I got my recommendation.

5. Do you have any phobias?
Claustrophobia.  (from Latin claustrum "a shut in place" and Greek φόβοςphóbos, "fear") is the fear of having no escape and being closed in small spaces or rooms (opposite: claustrophilia). For me, this manifests itself as a fear of being stuck. In a cave. In a closet. In a jacket. Yes, in a jacket. Once, on the bus ride home from school, I suddenly became panic stricken thinking I would never be able to get off the bus and, more concerning, that I would never be able to get out of my jacket as long as I lived. 


6. Do you prefer to take the picture or be in them? (or both!)
I prefer both. I love to capture the perfect shot but I also like when it's evident that I was present an accounted for at an event.


7. What is the strangest talent you have?
I can turn my feet backward. It's true. First position in ballet has nothing on me. Each foot can go at least another 45 degrees without stretching. If I add stretching into the mix, all bets are off. This strange talent developed in utero and has been going strong ever since. It was really quite helpful as a breaststroker during all of my swimming years. It would have made me a fine ballerina if I'd had a single, solitary ounce of grace and rhythm. 


8. Farthest you have traveled from home?
In April of 2005, I traveled to Israel with a group from our church. We spent close to two weeks visiting archaeological sites, places sacred to Christianity and exploring the terrain. My faith was profoundly changed by the experience. 


9. What is your favorite movie genre?
I don't know how I could choose between two. See, I love a really good drama. With my formal training being in the performance arts, I care the most about the acting in a film. Dramas tend to lend themselves to amazing performances. I also use generous amounts of comedy to get me through the day. Give me a good romantic comedy and I'm a happy girl.


10. Name one person you'd like to meet and why?
Kristin. We walked very similar adoption paths and we've prayed for and encouraged one another. I thought of all the famous people I could meet because, well, it would be cool to meet a famous person. But then I decided that there are connections being made through the Internet with people who become our friends even though we'll probably never meet them. I'd love to say that I knew Kristin beyond the realm of Facebook and blogging.


11. What drives you to succeed?
My children. Truth be told, my children have driven me to succeed since long before I actually had them. In high school, I always told myself I'd never do drugs, get drunk, or have multiple partners because I never wanted to have to lie to my children about my past and I certainly didn't want to have to tell them the truth about a colorful past. Now, I want them to see in me a strong woman who is actively living the Christian heritage she hopes to pass on to them.


Now for my questions:
1. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. If money wasn't an issue, what would be your idea of a perfect date?
3. Currently, what is your favorite song?
4. To date, what has been your favorite vacation?
5. Biggest accomplishment?
6. If you had to (got to?) live in another country, which would it be?
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
8. Biggest regret?
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
10. Cats or dogs?
11. If you could change one thing (big or small) about your life, what would it be?
Now I tag:  Mom, Troy, Jon, and anyone else who wants to join in the fun...because really, what's going to happen? The blog police are going to arrest me for not following the rules?

No comments:

Post a Comment