Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Every Good Gift

"Every good and perfect thing that has ever come into our lives has come as a gift to us from God Himself. It did not bubble up like crude oil from this earth. It flowed down like rain from the riverbank of Heaven. It was intentional. It was personal." -Beth Moore (from James 1:17)

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows. James 1:17

On this day when we celebrate love I remember that the three gifts I cherish most in the world came from the Lord. Ten years ago I had no idea that my heart could burst with this much love. Ten years ago I knew my husband but I didn't know that God had chosen him for me. Ten years ago I didn't know that I would be blessed with the two most amazing boys. Life is not perfect. It is not easy. But everything that is good has come down from the Father.

When He chose to give me Troy, Garrett and Matthew, it was deeply personal. And I am so in love with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment