Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Glass

We had an amazing two days at Disneyland and California Adventure, compliments of my inlaws and the park hopper pass they bought us in November. I will post pictures soon!

In the meantime, I'll share this story about something that happened at the zoo. I was holding Matthew and we approached the gorilla enclosure. There was a sign that said not to tap the glass. I instructed my son, "Don't touch the glass."

The big silverback was right there. He would run back and forth, pausing, on occasion, to shove his butt right up against the glass. At one point, he stopped right in front of Matthew and me, turned, and plastered his derriere on the divider. After a minute, Matthew slowly took his pointer finger and, in defiance of my earlier instruction, touched the window. He quickly yanked his finger back, looked at me, giggled, and whispered, "I touched his glass."

No comments:

Post a Comment