Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 5: Shades of Yellow

We've just enjoyed a whirlwind two days in San Diego. We leave tomorrow for two days in Anaheim but we crammed a trip to my dad's work, a visit with my three great grandparents, a visit with Troy's sister's family, time with my brother and sister-in-law, and a trip to the zoo into our two days.

I received yellow roses this week and photographed them. I fully intended to use them for this week's theme. However, as my family wandered through the reptile enclosure at the zoo, we happened upon this guy. Or girl. But I'm gonna go with guy because I'm of the mindset that all snakes are male until proven otherwise.

His shades of yellow sure stand out. At the zoo, I didn't even notice that he was resting on another snake. It took a good looking at the picture to see that his vibrant yellow was striking in comparison to the camouflaged  brownish gray of the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment