Monday, June 20, 2011

What I Believe

I thought I'd post, occasionally, about what I believe. Here is the first installment.

My faith is everything.

I believe that "...God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but will have eternal life." John 3:16

I believe that "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

I believe the words of Jesus when he said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6

I believe that "...while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

I believe that "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

I believe "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

I believe in believer's baptism. Baptize means "to plunge, submerge, immerse." In the Bible, baptism always follows a declaration of faith by the individual and always involves being submerged in the water. Once a person becomes a follower of the Lord, then baptism follows. I was baptized as a baby, in a denomination that practices infant baptism. Later, we began to fellowship with a denomination that practices believer's baptism. As a teenager, my youth pastor immersed me under the salty waters of the Pacific Ocean. By that time I had accepted the Lord as my personal Savior. By that time I was prepared to make a public confession of my faith. I also do not believe that water baptism can save our souls. The only thing that can save us is the blood of Jesus Christ.

My boys have both been dedicated to the Lord. Troy and I promised to raise them in the Truth. We promised to teach them the ways of God. My oldest son has received the Lord as his personal Savior. When he can fully comprehend baptism, he will experience it. I eagerly pray that a day will come when my younger son accepts the free gift of salvation and, later, is baptized.

If you want to know more about a personal relationship with Christ, please ask me. Nothing makes me happier than seeing another individual receive the gift of eternal life. Two nights ago, my very good friend made a commitment to follow Christ. The angels are rejoicing. I am rejoicing. This is what I believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment