Friday, March 19, 2010

Puddles

Garrett is the best big brother. He's been jealous of Matthew for a total of about two minutes in the last twelve and a half months. He plays with him, helps him, teaches him, adores him. I hope, with all my heart, that one day he will teach his brother how to soak his shoes and pant legs...
I hope that one day the two of them will hold hands and jump in puddles together.

I hope they are able to continue learning from and teaching one another about life, love, and puddles.

Every day before his nap and every night before we put his brother in the crib, he insists on giving him a kiss and a hug. This afternoon I put Matthew down while Garrett was still at the table having lunch. When I came down the stairs he shouted, "Wait, Mommy. I have to give my brother a kiss and a hug." So I trudged up the stairs, went into their room, hoisted Matthew out, and let Garrett give him a kiss and a hug.

Matthew grinned from ear to ear and returned the affection with an open mouth slobber kiss to Garrett's cheek. They are brothers. And every day they warm my heart in the best of ways.

1 comment:

  1. That's so very sweet, they sound like great brother, great friends.

    ReplyDelete