Monday, March 8, 2010

Peace

Today's Verse:

John 15:19-21 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.
************************************************

The best women's speaker I've ever had the privilege of hearing is Bonnie Floyd. I loved her so much, in fact, that I asked for a set of her CDs for Christmas. The set is in my car and I pop one in on occasion. On the CD featuring her astounding testimony she says the following:

He might as well have said to me, "Choose this day whom you will serve." And I want you to know that I am a firm believer that either you have come to a place in your Christian walk or you will come to a place where there is a Y in the road and you can choose the path of peace or you can choose the path of torment. You see, God created us a people of choice and we have the freewill to choose. And the word of God says that he speaks words of peace and hope and encouragement. Words of fear and torment and despair come straight from the pit of hell...And so you have to choose. Are you gonna take the path of peace and listen to the words that minister to you hope or are you gonna take the path of torment? It's your choice.

So again with the peace stuff. And I want to say, "I get it, God." But do I? I understand the fundamentals of peace, sure, but it is certainly not a topic I've mastered. It is not a topic I get. Even if I got it today, I'm sure I'd need to review it again by tomorrow. But he is working in my life and I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment