Sunday, March 14, 2010

Foot Vibrations

My foot is buzzing. At least, that's how I described it to my husband last night after half a day of enduring it. It started yesterday afternoon. I suddenly felt this strange vibrating sensation. I thought my foot had slid causing my sock to rub on my shoe for a brief, vibrating, moment. As I tuned into what was happening I quickly ruled out the sock on shoe action and began thinking that it was occurring with my pulse.

Ehhhhh (that is my attempt at writing a buzzing feeling)! Ehhhhhhhh! Ehhhhhhh! (pause) Ehhhh! Eh. EHHHHHH!

Nope. Not my pulse. Unless, of course, I have an erratic heartbeat that I've never noticed before.
I stood. Ehhhhhhh! I walked. I didn't feel it when I was walking. I stopped. Ehhhhhhh! "What the heck is that?" I was annoyed.

By the time I laid down to work on my Bible study and then fall into blissful and much needed sleep I was beside myself. As long as I kept my foot moving it didn't buzz. Or, at least, I couldn't feel it. When Troy came up I was almost in tears. "It doesn't hurt," I told him, "but it is SO annoying. I'm never going to be able to fall asleep." As I laid there I began to wonder if I would ever sleep again. And then...it stopped. I slept. I woke up. I thought about my foot. No obnoxious buzzing. I stood up. Nothing. I walked into the bathroom.

Ehhhhhh!

NOOOOOO!

And it's been intermittently doing it all. day. long.

One thing is for certain. It is not a twitch. I googled "buzzing foot" and "vibrating foot". I might have a neurological disorder, specifically MS. I might have something wrong with my sciatica. I might have anxiety. I might need to poop. Seriously. That's what someone said. That advice is actually helpful as it allows me to take "neurological disorder" with a grain of salt. It could be...phantom. Great. That's all I need is to be making up phantom foot buzzing. As though I don't have quite enough going on in my life.

Honestly.

And now, not only is my foot vibrating which is just, well, high times, I also can't stop singing, "Foot, foot, foot, foot vibrations." It's an added bonus, really.

So, give me your best guess. Why, in the world, is my foot vibrating?

8 comments:

  1. This is a random comment. I read your blog quite often. Your vibrating foot sounds like "restless leg syndrome." I had in the final weeks of my pregnancy, and it is completely annoying. I would definitely describe it as a buzzing too. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why your foot is vibrating, but I CAN tell you that I have had MS so many times over the years that it isn't even funny. Every symptom that you look up on the internet leads you right back to MS. For a while I was really freaked out about it, then I just decided enough was enough! Maybe it's just your electric personality! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no - idea...... Good grief.... How STRANGE!!!!
    I was just checking in, as I often do... for any sort of update on how things are progressing.....
    I think about you guys often....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you just need to poop. HAHA J/K I wonder if it's like that eye twitch I had. Maybe it's stress related. NAAAA you don't have any stress in your life so I am going back to I think you have to poop. Good luck!!! Hope it goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should call the doc just in case, but it sounds like restless let syndrome. I had it with both pregnancies and I still get it when I'm super stressed out. My doc suggested benedryl for it. Take a big dose and see if it helps. If it doesn't, maybe some Ex-lax?! Ha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing I can think of is it's your own personal tribute to James Brown. LoL. Other than that, I don't really know, I hope it gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the random weird body stuff category: several years ago I experienced a warm sensation down my leg. It was so real I had to look down to see if warm water was magically running down my leg. (It wasn't.) It happened several times over a few days. Very weird. Joanna

    ReplyDelete