Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sleeping Woes

So now, twice in the past week we've had to deal with our toddler deciding that he just doesn't need to sleep in the middle of the night. Last night he woke up sobbing at eleven, one and three. We're confused. This is the angel sleeper we're talking about. This morning our conversation went a little something like this...

Me: Garrett, what happened last night? How come you kept waking up? Did you have a tummy ache?
G: Yeah.
Me: You did? (pause) Did you wake up from bad dreams?
G: Yeah.
Me: You did? (pause) Were you scared of something in your room?
G: Yeah.
Troy: Did llamas attack you in your sleep?
G: Yeah.

So, you see, not only does my child speak in slang, he also tells lies. But. BUT. He's taken to calling me Mommy and it's one of the cutest things ever. He still calls me Mama on occasion but within the last few days he's integrated Mommy into his vocabulary. There is something about that sweet little voice saying those two syllables that really melts my heart. Even if it is just before seven o'clock in the morning when he's been up several times during the night.

2 comments:

  1. Mommy, I wasn't lying. I woke up from a bad dream only to discover that llamas were in my room. they started to bite me, but when I cried they flew off, but by then I was so upset I had a tummy ache.

    That's why I was crying so much.

    Garrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice try, Troy.

    Maybe growing pains????

    Maybe a little Benadryl is needed....but you didn't hear that from me....I would NEVER try such a thing!

    ReplyDelete