Thursday, August 28, 2008

Politics...Again. I'm Sorry.

I was poised to write a blog about how I'm really up a creek now that McCain has chosen Romney as his running mate but then, the official announcement is yet to be made. I suppose that post will have to wait until tomorrow. But I'll give you a preview. It goes a little something like this. Oh shoot. There are a plethora of reasons I don't want to vote for the "Gosh I'm so tired of divisive exchange and I've got one or two things to say about change. Like the change we must change to the change we hold dear. I really like change have I made myself clear?" candidate. But then, there have always been a hoard of reasons not to vote for McCain. Like, for example, if you're going to be a liberal, don't masquerade as a conservative. And also, please don't keel over before you have a chance to address the nation. Now, add to that the fact I promised from the get go that I wouldn't vote for a ticket that had the name Romney anywhere on it and I'm pretty much up my metaphorical creek with no paddles and a raft that is rapidly losing air. Maybe I won't have to post about this tomorrow. I think I just said most of it. Oh bother. When did this turn into a political blog? I don't like it. I liked it better when I talked about, "Oh gosh, so Garrett's poop was everywhere!" Maybe I need to get back to blood and barf and stories about tantrums.

Apparently I filled out a survey where I said I wanted to continue my education. Really? Because I don't remember that. Sure, it's a pipe dream of mine to get an M.F.A. in Directing or Creative Writing but it's not happening anytime soon. Or probably ever. But in any case that's not what these calls are about. These calls are like, "Are you interested in attending Heart of the Riverbank Launch Pad Community College of the Valley Floor to get your A.A.? We have classes open at 3:30 in the morning." So then I say:

Me: I have a B.A. from a four year University. Thanks though.
Them: Okay. Would anyone else in the home be interested in community college?
Me: Probably not. My husband has a master's in exegetical theology.
Them: Exewhata?
Me: It's Bible stuff.
Them: I see. Any children.
Me: My son is two. He's asleep at 3:30 am.
Them: Then why did you say you were interested in furthering your education.
Me: I didn't. *click*

I mean, I must have. I guess. But I don't remember. I was probably too busy trying to turn this into a political blog to keep track of a tiny little decision like going to community college.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just planning to write in Ron Paul, and then at least I can feel good about my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, he picked Romney? Oh goody! Seriously, what do we do now? I'm writing in that guy from the internet video. You know, the one who is tattooed on that old lady's back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny, and i'm with the lady on the phone....exeget...what?

    ReplyDelete