Friday, January 20, 2012

How Do I Have a 5.5 Year Old?

I simply do not know how five and half years have gone by. But, just like the quick snap of a finger, they have. My youngest will be three in five weeks and a half weeks. My oldest will be six in six months. There are days when I feel like the only reasonable thing to do is sit in a dark room, clutch their baby pictures, and shed hours worth of bitter tears. But then I remember that this probably wouldn't be the best thing for their emotional well being so I simply grab the nearest plastic sword and join in their pirate adventure. Their baby days are gone. I cannot retrieve them regardless of how hard I try to construct a time machine. Before I know it, the days of sword fighting and toy car racing and nightly snuggles will slip through my fingers.


I interviewed Garrett again. Many of his answers stayed the same as last time so I think I'll start doing it just on his actual birthday from now on. I just love doing this though. Some of his answers crack me up.


1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE T. V. SHOW? Dragon Tales.
2. WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST? Some cereal.
3. WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME? John.
4. FAVORITE FOOD? Macaroni and cheese.
5. WHAT FOOD DO YOU DISLIKE? Mashed potatoes without gravy. (We are making progress! Now, if gravy is involved, he'll at least eat them without looking like he's experiencing a slow and torturous death.)
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? Brown and black. 
7. FAVORITE LUNCH? Um...Macaroni and cheese. (He said this like I am the world's dumbest human being since, clearly, I was repeating question number 4.)
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO? Go swimming.
9. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? California. (This kid talks incessantly about Hawaii. All the time. Everything is always about surfing, swimming, seeing turtles, seeing volcanoes, seeing coconuts, eating pineapple. In Hawaii. But his destination of choice for vacation: California.)
10. FAVORITE SPORT? Swimming. (You know what they say about apples and trees.)
11. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? July 20. 
12. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT PERSON? Morning. Ah well...I usually just stay up all night in my bed. (Riiight.)
13. PETS: Beck. Ollie. Fish.

14. ANY NEW AND EXCITING NEWS YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH US? Uh. No. I'm fine. Nothing really.
15. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP ? The best swimmer ever. (Look out Michael Phelps.)
16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? Candy canes.
17. WHERE IS THE FARTHEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME? California. (Maybe whenever he says California he means Hawaii.)
18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK? A book where Indians shoot arrows.
19. WHAT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF? Jesus. That he died for our sins and is with us.
20. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Uh. Mulan.
21. WHICH CAME FIRST, THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG? The egg. The egg had to come first because the chicken would have to be born. Right mom?

And, for fun, I asked him the same questions that James Lipton asks at the end of Inside the Actor's Studio.

1. What is your favorite word? Uh. Bathroom. *Giggle* Write it down.
2. What is your least favorite word? stupid.
3. What turns you on? (I rephrased with, "What do you like?") Hot chocolate.
4. What turns you off? (I rephrased with, What don't you like?") Wars. Well, I don't like when bad guys win the wars.
5. What sound or noise do you love? I love music.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Thud. Thud. Thud. When someone is stomping on the ground.
7. What is your favorite curse word? (I asked him what his favorite bad word was. He responded with) *Giggle* I don't have a favorite bad word. (I told him it was okay to tell me. He wouldn't give me an answer.)
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Be a swimmer and win tons of trophies. (I've never heard of swimming as a profession but I didn't figure that now was the time to get into the fine art of endorsements.)
9. What profession would you not like to do? A soldier because a lot of people die being a soldier.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? (I omitted the "If Heaven exists" part) Hello Garrett. Welcome home. (Love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment