Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

I don't really make resolutions. I feel like that's just setting myself up to fail. But, for 2012, one word keeps coming to my mind. I want to be intentional.

Intentional: Done on purpose. Deliberate.

I want to strive to be a better believer, a better mom, a better wife, a better pastor's wife, a better daughter, a better friend. Not that I think I've been an epic fail at any of these endeavors--but there is certainly room for improvement. 

I want to intentionally share my faith and not shy away in favor of flying more easily under the radar. I want to read my Bible more, pray more, and remember more steadily that I cannot pick and choose which parts of the gospel message apply to my life in 2012. They all apply. Always.

Maybe I'll eat less ice cream. Maybe I'll go on more dates with my husband. Maybe I'll snuggle my boys a little longer at night. Maybe I'll call my friends more. Maybe I'll read a few more books and watch a little less television. 

Maybe, just maybe, I'll try to live like I'm dying.

Because I am. Not today. Probably not tomorrow and hopefully not until the ripe old age of 92. But every day I am one day closer. So I choose today to live intentionally.

Happy 2012 everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment