Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Beach

For the record, my husband wrote the previous two posts. He's got my narrative voice down, no? And I couldn't have put it better myself. Way to go, Troy.

We just had a blast camping at the beach for a week.

My children are beach bums. Especially the oldest. He wanted to spend all day, every day, on the beach. And he practically did.

Troy flew in on Wednesday and we slept in the tent. The boys continued to sleep in the trailer with my parents. Each morning, when I walked into the RV, Matthew declared, "Mommy's home!" As though, you know, I'd left for the night. To go far, far away. Instead of ten feet away. In the tent.

We'll be home from this vacation on Wednesday night and pictures will follow. We're taking the boys to a surprise location on Monday and Tuesday. Some call it The Happiest Place on Earth. We'll see if the boys agree.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh the beach. Glad you enjoyed camping. I know the boys will LOVE the land of the mouse. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! =)
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. that explains it! yes, troy did a great job of writing in your voice, but you sounded not quite yourself and i was a little bit concerned. enjoy the rest of the vacay!

    ReplyDelete