Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Incredible Blessing

Look over at my side bar. Look over at how much debt we have remaining. Look over and see what the Lord has done!

Two months ago we had $12,000 remaining. That wasn't too terrible considering our adoption cost us approximately 38,500 dollars and it's only been finalized for ten months. But now, in a matter of just a couple of months, even that number has been almost cut in half.

What I need you to know is that we prayed, every step of the way. We prayed that if it was in Matthew's best interest not to be with our family, that the court would rule accordingly. It was a very challenging prayer because with every corner of our heart, we desired him here with us. We questioned our motives, our hearts, our assessments of certain details. But during the journey God used legal, spiritual and medical counsel, as well as our own knowledge and intuition, to keep us on the course that eventually led to Matthew's permanent place in our home.

So then it was just a matter of money. A lot of money. None of which we actually had. But what we did have was an amazing, God sent, lawyer who put us on an almost laughably small payment plan and didn't charge us interest. I have grandparents who, when all was settled, paid off our lawyer and allowed us to continue with the laughably small payment plan. And, of course, we've had the blessing of so many of you who not only prayed with us but joined us by offering up your own finances.

Once again I am humbled, stunned, and awed by your generosity and by the way my Savior continues to affirm our decisions. On Saturday I received a large donation from someone I've never even met and yesterday the mail lady came to the door, needing me to sign for a package. She asked if I was going to do anything special for Valentine's Day.

"Not really," I replied. In truth, we'd had long overdue family pictures taken and Troy and I had gotten each other a small gift. We also attended our church Valentine's dinner. It all seemed like a lot to ramble on about to the mail carrier.

"Well, maybe this is something special. It's addressed to your whole family."

I smiled at her. I knew that it was, indeed, something special. My friend, Joelle, had told me it was coming. A donation to our adoption fund. But when I opened it to find an enormously substantial cashier's check, I knew that our Valentine's Day had truly come.

A day to celebrate God's faithfulness. A day to celebrate love between couples, between friends, between parents and children, between a Savior and His beloved.

Thank you, Shon & Joelle and Stacie & Edward. Thank you to all of you who have donated and blessed our family in such a tangible way. We truly could never have done this without the Lord working through you!

Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for the works of his hands! Praise God for his faithful followers who follow the leading of his quiet voice. Praise God for families who take in orphans, and praise God for families who who make hard decisions to allow their child to have another family. What a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete