Sunday, August 2, 2009

Update on Retreat Speaking

Do you want an update on the status of my speaking engagement in September? What do you mean not really? I'm going to tell you anyway. I am speaking four times. I have three of them completed in outline form. (Of course, I have to go over them a whole bunch between now and then). The final "talk" is in the early research and development stages. I have just under two months so I am finally starting to feel like I have a handle on things. I've only been working on these since February. Sheesh. I so totally need to get my act together. For some reason it's difficult to find time to work on them. Could have something to do with the two small children in the house. In any case, I am now hopeful that I won't just be standing up there in front of a bunch of women going, "Well, it sounded like a good idea back in January. Since I have nothing prepared, let's play Duck, Duck, Goose. Or Red Rover. Your choice."

Blog coming soon: Why I'm allergic to Utah.

1 comment:

  1. You remind me of my last few weeks teaching when I never seemed to have anything prepared because, let's face it, I was completely preoccupied getting ready for the move and the baby. I found the Chicken Dance was always a good way to kill a few minutes... :)

    ReplyDelete