Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Grandkids Are Going To Have The Best Names!

As I was snuggling with my oldest last night we had the following conversation.

Me: Are you going to go and grow up on me?
G: Yeah.
Me: Are you gonna get hairy armpits?
G: Yep. And whiskers.
Me: And a hairy chest?
G: Everything daddy has.
Me: Hmmm.
G: But I'm going to shave my chest.
Me: You are? Why?
G: Just because. I'm going to do all these things when I'm married.
Me: Okay. Are you going to have babies?
G: Babies? (pause) Of course!
Me: Oh good. How many?
G: One. Two. Three. This many. (he holds up five fingers)
Me: Wow. That's a lot. What will you name them?
G: Well, (pointing to one finger) This one will be Peanut Butter Face.
Me: Oh what a great name. How about the rest?
G: One will be Ice Cream Face. And Popsicle Face. And Sandwich Face. And...Cereal Boy!
Me: How many of them are girls?
G: Well, this one is a girl. (he points to his pointer finger)
Me: Okay...was that Peanut Butter Face?
G: Yes. And the rest are all boys.
Me: Alright. (pause) So you're sure you're convinced that growing up is the right thing to do?
G: Yeah. I do.
Me: I thought so...

6 comments:

  1. Right now I can hardly see what I'm typing because I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying. That is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless, absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I regret to inform Garrett I may be stealing "Peanut Butter Face" for my second child. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When he addresses Cereal Boy, can he do so in the way he used to say cereal? This is my son, Blehblehdhsjkafhfwehje Boy.

    ReplyDelete