Monday, September 26, 2011

How's the Painting?

Every time we drop The Rock Star off at school and his teacher is the one unloading kids from cars, she says something like, "He is so sweet."

Today she said, "He's just the cutest. I have to tell you a quick story. The other day his table was working on writing and the other table was painting. He turned around in his seat and said to the other table, 'How's the painting going guys?' I mean, who does that? He's adorable."

I smiled and said, "Thank you. He's never met someone who isn't a friend."

She replied, "Well, I just love it."

When I picked him up from class today she looked me right in the eye and said, "Thank you!" I raised my eyebrows. "He really adds so much to my class!"

"Oh," I said, "Well, you're welcome."

Garrett has always received a lot of attention in preschool. He's been the energetic one, the one who says random, funny things, the one in the transracial family, the one who talks nonstop. I am thrilled that this year his teacher is loving how friendly and sweet he is. And I see his confidence with school boosting almost every day. I couldn't be more happy with our decision to send him to that particular preschool to begin with and I couldn't be happier with our decision to put him in a third year there.

Today we were walking and he reached up and took my hand. I looked down at him and smiled, "Do you know that I love you so much it sometimes hurts and my heart feels like it might burst?"

He nodded. "Yeah, mommy. I know you love me."

No comments:

Post a Comment