Friday, March 4, 2011

Alone Time

This afternoon it's just my oldest boy and me. I try to have alone time with both of my boys but usually I take them somewhere. Today Matthew is with Troy. I was supposed to give a swimming lesson but the child got sick. So I'm at home. With Garrett. Alone.

I can't think of the last time I've been home with just The Rock Star. It's been awhile.

So we made macaroni and cheese. Then I gave him a pudding cup with whipped cream and a Vienna finger. I just spent about ten minutes tickling him while he giggled incessantly.

I am infinitely thankful that my boys have a brother and that I have two sweet sons. But it sure is special to have a lazy afternoon with my oldest son, where he is free to laugh at the top of his lungs without fear of me howling, "Shhh! Your brother is SLEEPING!"

He's now sitting on my lap, telling me which letters to type. I told him that he can type random letters in a minute. One day he is going to grow up and be too big to fit in my lap. One day soon, I fear. So for now I'm soaking up four-year-old alone time.

vbnmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooommggggggggvggggggghhhhhhbccccc

(I let him do that. He grinned and said, "I'm working on my m's! Now I'm making a bunch of g's."

No comments:

Post a Comment