Friday, January 7, 2011

The Tink: Take Three

I tried to think of other things I could do to my hair to keep this going. I could, for example, use an outrageous amount of product and turn it into a faux hawk. I could curl it in teeny, tiny ringlets and get in touch with my inner Shirley Temple. Although, I don't really think I have an inner Shirley Temple. I could flip it out and do my best tree top impression.

I could, at the very least, get a better picture of what it actually looks like. I could take a picture that doesn't have a giant poof residing over my right ear. I could take a picture where I was paying attention--even the smallest amount--to my squinty eye.

Have I told you about the squinty eye? I never noticed that one of my eyes photographs thirty times smaller than the other one until my wedding pictures came back. Horrified*, I thought maybe it had been a wedding day phenomenon. So I looked at my engagement pictures, my 12th grade pictures, swim team pictures, and on and on and on. All of them. Squinty eyed. The real wonder was that I didn't notice this until I was nearing 22.

I've since learned a few tricks. Turn my head, ever so slightly, so that the squinty eye is forward. This makes it look larger. Smile gently so that the over zealous cheek doesn't upstage the eye quite so much.

But when Troy snapped this picture, I turned the squinty eye away--for reasons unknown.

It should also be noted that both Troy and I like my hair exponentially better a couple hours after its been styled. It has time to relax. When its freshly styled its all, Well, hello there, World. Look at me. When its freshly styled its all up in my business. And by business, I mean face.

So.

In any case.

Drum roll.

There you have it. But, look away from the hair and squinty eye. I know it's hard to take your eyes off of it. But try. For the sake of my collar bone, try. Because, let's face it, if there's one good thing about that picture, it's the collar bone.

*I love my wedding pictures, despite the fact that I look like I need to be wearing an eye patch.

13 comments:

  1. Fun! I like it :) and the collar bones do look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so pretty...long hair or tink;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful & totally hip at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I ADORE IT!!! It is awesome on you and I love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the picture! Lori, you are BEAUTIFUL! And, for the record, I like the "tink." Short hair is definitely different for anyone going from long to short but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAY MUCH better than I had imagined!!! :) It's very cute and very flattering. I PROMISE.
    And, for the record... I have the smaller eye thing as well..... I think it was my loving mother (who is no longer with us, and I do remember nice things also, I promise) who pointed it out to me. It's great really because now I have another thing to be self conscious about. :)
    x
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, in this picture it looks as short as I imagined but it's cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your haircut! Short hair looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just praying for some laughter to top my day off right and your "Tink" posts just did the trick for me! Laugh out loud stuff, I tell ya! :-) I can relate to your squinty eye and your experience with the hairdresser...I have one of those and I just went through a similar experience. It's good that you don't do what I learned to do and raise your eyebrow over the squinty eye and lower the one over the bigger eye. When you get to my age it doesn't help the squinty eye at all and you have funky wrinkles to show for all your "adjusting for size" efforts! Your hair looks lovely and I made sure to admire your collar bone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have some pretty nice friends and readers. This proves that they are two things: nice and liars! Nah, just kidding. This comment page just needed a little diversity. Fatty. I mean, geez, put some meat on them collar bones, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a friend of Heidi's - I had asked on Facebook for people's top 3 blogs and she listed yours so I thought I'd come take a read.
    and i relate to this post because i have the same squinty eye!!! not 100% of the time, but there are definitely times when it's worse than others.
    AND my hair - if i actually do it, the first while it's so *WHAM* there, but after a while, it settles :)

    ReplyDelete