I interviewed The Rock Star a few months back and got some pretty funny answers. I decided to do it again just after his birthday and I think it should become an annual thing.
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE T. V. SHOW? Dragon Tales (This is the same answer he gave last time. He loves himself some dragon adventures.)
2. WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST? Peanut Butter Sandwich. (Um. No he didn't. I generally don't make sandwiches for breakfast. Unless they are egg sandwiches. Yum.)
3. WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME? John. (Actually first he told me it was Garrett. I asked him if he was sure and he answered, "No. John.")
4. FAVORITE FOOD? Toast Sticks. (I don't think this is really his favorite food. He likes them but he likes other things better, I think. Like pasta. Just kidding.)
5. WHAT FOOD DO YOU DISLIKE? Mashed potatoes (Same answer as last time. And so very true.)
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? Brown and black (same answer)
7. FAVORITE LUNCH? Macaroni! (He does like macaroni and cheese. In a box. Made by Kraft. It's the only pasta he'll eat happily.)
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO? Play on my playset (He does like himself some playset.)
9. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? Finding treasure in Nevada (Last time his daddy had just gotten back from Israel and his answer was Israel and New York. I think I'm more on board with those answers than I am with this one. Unless we're talking about looking for treasure on the East side of Tahoe. If we mean the middle of the desert, no thanks.)
10. FAVORITE SPORT? Basketball (same answer as last time, which is weird since he's never really played and he doesn't really watch it either.)
11. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? In July. (now if we could just master the day.)
12. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT PERSON? A morning person. (This switched since last time and this time he hit the nail on the head.)
13. PETS: Beck and Matthew. I mean Beck and Ollie (This one cracked me up.)
14. ANY NEW AND EXCITING NEWS YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH US? Uh. What do we need to say? Like what? (Apparently he doesn't have any exciting news.)
15. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP ? A paleontologist, a fireman and everything. (Everything? Wow.)
16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? Uh. Lollipops.
17. WHERE IS THE FURTHEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME? In California. (Or, well, Hawaii but whatever...)
18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK? A pirate book.
19. WHAT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF? Um. Not pooping in my lucky underwear! (I don't have a clue what this is about. I didn't even know he had lucky underwear and he hasn't pooped his pants in about 12 months.)
20. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? A dragon movie. (He means How to Train Your Dragon and, yes, he likes it.)
21. WHICH CAME FIRST, THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG? The chicken. (Good answer kid. Because, well, otherwise how would the egg get sat upon?)
And, for fun, I asked him the same questions that James Lipton asks at the end of Inside the Actor's Studio.
1. What is your favorite word? dragon (alrighty.)
2. What is your least favorite word? poo (yet, for some reason, he says it all the time.)
3. What turns you on? (I rephrased with, "What do you like?") string cheese
4. What turns you off? (I rephrased with, What don't you like?") mashed potatoes
5. What sound or noise do you love? I like gorilla noises (Um. Okay then.)
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Loud. It bugs my ears. (He does complain about loud noises. Except when he's the one making them. Which is always.)
7. What is your favorite curse word? (I asked him what his favorite bad word was. He responded with) pee (He whispered this. It made me laugh.)
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? fight fires
9. What profession would you not like to do? find spiders
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? (I omited the "If Heaven exists" part) I love you, Garrett! (Ahhh. So sweet.)
We'll revisit this in a year and see what happens.