Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Friend, Michelle

I've been meaning to tell you about my friend, Michelle. I met Michelle in the fall of 1999 which seems entirely impossible because that means that we've known each other for almost TEN YEARS. We lived on the same floor together during our freshman year of college and each year after that we lived in the same room. We canceled class together, we laughed together, and we cried together. After graduation, I was in her wedding and she was in mine. I love Michelle.

In the past several weeks there have been days when I want to blog a little something like this, "@^&#!" and leave it at that. I don't, because good little Christian boys and girls aren't supposed to say bad words, much less make them a topic of their latest blog. But on those days I think of Michelle. Michelle is pregnant with her first baby, a girl as far as anyone can tell. I'll let Michelle's blog tell you the story because I'd probably get it all wrong but, to make a long and painful story short, there have been complications in her daughter's development.

Michelle is getting me through my days. While I am anxiously awaiting DNA results and feeling the anguish of not knowing, I know that Michelle is anxiously awaiting her own test results. When I am feeling ridiculously sorry for myself, I think of Michelle, and of course her husband, Kevin, and I pray for them. And every night Troy and I lift them up in prayer together. It helps, to turn the focus outward.

I am so thankful for all the people who are lifting us up in prayer on a daily basis. Some people have linked back here on their own blogs and that kind of networking has led to an outpouring of prayer from across the nation. So, if you have linked to my blog, thank you. I want to pay it forward and send you to Michelle's blog. I believe, completely, in the power of prayer. If you throw a prayer out for Matthew, please add on another name and pray for little Karsie who, at just 13 cm, has certainly stolen my heart.

www.karsiegene.blogspot.com

1 comment: