Monday, June 10, 2013

Bedtime

Today was a looooong day.

(But more on that in another post.)

My boys were really well behaved during this very looooong day.

So tonight, as I laid with Garrett before he fell asleep, I hugged him tight and said, "Thank you for being so good today. I think I'll keep you."

"You'll keep me?" he questioned.

"Yep," I replied. "At least until you turn thirteen." Then I paused. "Will you be nice still when you're thirteen?"

He nodded. Affirmative. And I plan to site this very conversation when he goes against what he's told me. "Will you get stinky armpits?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah! Here, smell this!" He stuck his pit in my face. "I've been working on it already!"

"You've been working on getting stinky pits?" I asked, somewhat mock appalled and somewhat actually appalled.

"Yep!" he smiled.

Wow.

The funniest thing Matthew said today occurred just before bedtime. I told them to clean up the playroom so that they could get ready for bed.

Matthew moaned, "We have to go to bed again?"

Uh. Yes. It's pretty standard for most nights.

Or, you know, all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment