Friday, April 29, 2011

Having More Kids

In just a short amount of time, my number of children will multiply.

I really thought about just leaving it there and making you all guess what on earth that meant.

You're having twins? Negative. (Huge sigh of relief!)
You're adopting a sibling set? Also no.
You've figured a way to clone the kids you have? Heck no. This world couldn't handle the insanity. In fact, sometimes I think it can barely handle just one of each of them. On occasion I feel it swelling and gasping as though completely ill prepared for what those two come up with on any given day.

We're simply inheriting two girls for the weekend. Our associate pastor and his wife are taking the youth group out of state for a conference. So for the next two days we'll have elementary aged girls to go along with our crew--yes, there are only two offspring in this house. Yes, it still feels very much like a crew.

The Rock Star has been bouncing off the walls since I told him. Thankfully I'd learned my lesson with the whole Lake Tahoe Experience and I didn't tell him until yesterday.

When is their school over? While Matthew is napping.
Where will they sleep? Probably in the playroom.
What will we eat? The same things we usually eat. Fruits, veggies, bread, protein, dairy. I mean, it isn't like we're housing two orcas and they're on a strict diet of Chinook.
How long are they staying? Two nights.
Two whole nights? WHOA! Oh man, Kid's excited.

So if I don't post again until Monday it'll be because, apparently, I can't handle four children and a blog. If I do post, I expect comments congratulating me on my accomplishment of keeping four kids alive and, with any luck at all, unharmed.

1 comment:

  1. I could be totally wrong, but you might find those elementary girls to be mama's sweet little helpers and will cry along with the boys when it's time for them to go home. Just saying. ; )

    ReplyDelete