Monday, August 13, 2012

Son of a Preacher Man

Last night before we headed back to the church for our small group, my youngest son was going to the bathroom. He used to be too short to reach the toilet but he still wanted to stand, because, after all, he's a man and he is not going to sit like his mother. So, he's not too short anymore but he still sometimes wants to stand on my feet for some extra height. So there we were, he on my feet doing his business and me minding mine.

"Apostasy! Apostasy! Apostasy!" He said in a singsong voice.

I was a little confused.

"Are you saying apostasy?" I asked him, thinking he must be saying something else that just sounded similar.

"Yep!" he replied enthusiastically. "But I do not know what it means."

And then I almost died laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment