Sunday, May 13, 2012

Moms

I'm listening to my oldest boy sounding out the words of Green Eggs and Ham. He's sitting on my mom's lap and they're reading together.

I'm so thankful for her. For all she was to me, all she is to me, and all she will be to me.

I'm so thankful for him. For making me a mom, for the amazing creation that he is, for the joy he brings me.

I'm so thankful for Matthew. For making me a mom again, for the incredible love I have for him, for his heart and his soul.

I'm so thankful for Matthew's first mother. For making me a mom again, for her sacrifice, for her love.

I'm so thankful for my mother-in-law. For raising my husband, for loving my children, for loving the Lord.

I wouldn't trade this for anything. My mom gave me life and I am forever thankful. Because it means that I get to be a mom. And there is truly nothing I would rather do.




No comments:

Post a Comment