Monday, March 12, 2012

My Twin

My Matthew is a cuddle bug.

He's always wanted to become a part of me and if there was a surgical procedure that would fuse the two of us together--one that would make a black male toddler and a white female adult into conjoined twins--he'd sign us both up as soon as he could write. But lately he'll settle to just be in my arms all the time.

Which is a little weird since he's three.

He wants to burrow into my arms every night at bedtime.

He wants to be held.

He wants to sit in my lap for at least a half hour when he wakes up from his nap.

"Hode me, mommy."

"Snuggle me, mommy."

"Cuddoh, mommy."

"Kiss me."

"Hug me."

It's like reverse attachment disorder. Which is probably some kind of attachment disorder all on its own. But I'd be lying if I said I don't kind of love all the warm toddler affection.

1 comment:

  1. Avery is the same way...hold me mommy is her favorite thing to say and she will only sleep next to me...I love her and all the hugs and kisses I get all day!!!

    ReplyDelete