The answers to these were recorded over a couple of different days since Matthew has the attention span of a hyperactive finch. I really had to work to get answers out of him. I suspect that his answers will change immensely over the next year.
1. What is your favorite TV show? Scooby.
2. What did you have for breakfast? Cake. (Cereal but sure, we'll let everyone think I feed him cake for breakfast.)
3. What is your middle name? Matthew! (I said, "What comes after Matthew?" Garrett said, "David!") DAVID!
4. Favorite food? I want to eat pancakes.
5. What food do you dislike? Um. My fingers. (okay)
6. What is your favorite color? Blue.
7. Favorite Lunch? Bread and broccoli. (I feel like these answers are not necessarily the truth.)
8. What is your favorite thing to do? I like to play outside.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? On a train to penguins. (Sure. Why have a perfectly normal desired destination when you could somehow manage to take a train to Antarctica?)
10. Favorite sport? Football.
11. When is your birthday? I have presents and candy.
12. Are you a morning person or a night person? I'm night person.
13. Pets? Yeah. Dog and kitty cat.
14. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I have a mask.
15. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to play soccer ball.
16. What is your favorite candy? I like suckers.
17. Where is the farthest you've ever been from home? I went on airplane to Grandma's house.
18. What is your favorite book? (He brought me) 1001 Pirate Things to Spot. (This is NOT his favorite book)
19. What are you most proud of? I like hippos.
20. What is your favorite movie? I like Scooby.
21. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Chicken
And for fun, I asked him the same questions that James Lipton asks at the end of Inside the Actor's Studio.
1. What is your favorite word? Lion.
2. What is your least favorite word? No.
3. What turns you on? (I rephrased with, "What do you like?") Food.
4. What turns you off? (I rephrased with, "What don't you like?") Scary.
5. What sound or noise do you love? Gorilla. Ooh ooh ooh.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Scary. Rahhhh!
7. What is your favorite curse word? (I asked him what his favorite bad word was. He responded) pee pee.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I want to play soccer ball.
9. What profession would you not like to do? I don't know.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? (I omitted the "If Heaven exists" part) I want Him to say, "Now you get to have candy." (Well alrighty.)