Friday, July 22, 2011

Smorgasbord

Are you waiting for the second half of our vacation post? On the edge of your couch or desk chair? You just can't stand the suspense? Well. I'm sorry. Whenever I have time to sit and write about it, the other computer, with the pictures, is at the church with my husband. Included in that post, however, will be the fact that I slept in a teepee. On the ground. With fairly large quantities of ants and other select bugs.

I'm not prissy.

I'm hardcore.

Which, I'm sure, is why God gave me boys.
*********************************************************
In other news, Garrett's birthday started with some seriously dressed up Mickey Mouse pancakes. Banana slices for hair. Blueberries for eyes and mouths. Whipped cream noses. They were pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. And I do.

Then we headed to the 5 day club we were volunteering at and the boys got an earful of the Gospel and had a blast. After that we went out for a pizza lunch and then to the dollar theater where we saw Rio. Later we took both boys to the pool for just over an hour before heading home for cake and presents. It was a full day and he loved it.

Yesterday he wanted his way. "Come on, mom. It's my birthday."

Me: No. It isn't.
Him: Well, it was yesterday.
*************************************************
Also...please join with me in praying for a baby that was born to someone in our church. He was born weighing 1 lb 10 oz. His due date was November 1 and he was born on July 18. He's suffered a level four brain bleed on both sides. Please pray that God's will would be done and that He might heal the baby completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment