Saturday, July 30, 2011

Interview With An Almost 30-Year-Old

I used to watch Inside the Actor's Studio. Back when I had time for things like that. Back when I wanted to be...a star (whispered dramatically and accompanied by vigorous jazz hands). Truth is, I haven't seen the show for awhile. Are they even making new episodes? I don't know because I've usually got my hands wrist deep in peanut butter or poop but thankfully never at the same time. Yet.

Anyway. At the end of the show, James Lipton asks the person being interviewed a series of questions. I ask my oldest son these questions once a year and will ask my younger son when he can say more than, "Don't do dat!" and, "I don't want to!"

Although, side note, yesterday Garrett and I were looking for a grasshopper. He'd hopped behind me and Matthew was frantically saying, "Here it is! Here it is!" over and over again while pointing at it. Later, he put his stuffed monkey on his head and declared, "Yook! Monkey hat!" So I have every reason to believe he'll have an actual conversation with me someday.

But the questions. I thought I'd tell you my answers.

1. What is your favorite word?
Grace. According to Strong, "of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues." It doesn't get any better than that. To be kept and strengthened in Christ is to truly live and when his saving grace is upon us, nothing else matters.


2. What is your least favorite word?
Oppression. Defined as "the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner."

3. What turns you on? (Understand that this question is almost always answered on a much larger scale than "in the bedroom". It might better be asked, "What stirs your heart?")
Worship music

4. What turns you off?
Arrogance.

5. What sound do you love?
Ocean waves crashing on the shores of the beach or gentle currents lapping at the edge of a lake.

6. What sound do you hate?
My alarm clock.

7. What is your favorite curse word?
I'm a pastor's wife so I'm gonna go with...fiddlesticks. Alright. I don't think I have actually ever used the word fiddlesticks. I might start. I don't really use curse words. Unless I'm driving alone and someone cuts me off or I drop something on my toe or other such similar circumstances. My favorite curse word that I actually use frequently is probably crap. I know. Somebody call the cops.

8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Acting. And as long as we're dreaming here, it really needs to be on the stage. Not that I wouldn't make a movie or be on television, it's just that I'd have to be one of those actors who also popped onto Broadway every now and then.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything having anything to do with sewage.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Well done, good and faithful servant.

Your turn. Leave a comment with your answers!

1 comment:

  1. I put my answers in a separate post on my blog. http://buckeyesinthesun.blogspot.com/2011/07/distraction.html

    ReplyDelete