Carol and my mom tagged anyone who reads their blogs and while I doubt I can come up with ten random things about myself that you'd actually care about, I figured I could at least try.
1. I'm going to New York next week to visit my friend, Kristin. The last (and only) time I went to New York, I unknowingly took along a teeny tiny little embryo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that planning a trip to New York is the magic conception factor. (Other than, of course, the obvious.)
2. I can turn my feet backward.
3. Carol said she thinks she would have made a really good doctor. Along those lines, I wish I had been better at science because I think I would have been a really good nurse. I don't freak out at the sight of blood or vomit and I think I'm a decent combination of friendly woman who still takes care of business.
4. I secretly aspire to be a speaker for women's conferences. I guess it's not so secret now. I will have to stop using the words "like" and "um" if this will ever be accomplished. Also, I do not aspire to do this until I am 42. This gives me just over 15 years to get it all figured out. Is that enough time?
5. I have a hideous nail biting habit. If there is any stress in my life at all, my nails get whittled down to next to nothing. It's wildly attractive. Also, I eat the nail that I bite off. Swallow it. I probably have years worth of nails sitting in my stomach, trying to be digested. I feel like I just gave too much information. I might lose friends over that one.
6. I hate clutter. If my house is especially cluttered, I sometimes have a miniature breakdown where I absolutely have to pick it up right then or I feel like I might hyperventilate.
7. I have an obsession with cleaning my ears with Q-Tips. I do it at least once, sometimes twice, a day. It's not an OCD thing, they get really itchy if there is any dampness in them whatsoever. This may have something to do with all the years of chlorinated water being stuck in them.
8. Troy and I have been married for almost 5 years. I don't know why this seems like such an accomplishment, but it does. It's not like I got married expecting that it wouldn't last forever, because I definitely meant what I said in my vows, but I know people who didn't make it even a year. Five years seems impressive. So double yay for all of you who are at 25 years or 35 years or 50 years!
9. I am pretty much dying to go to Venice, Italy. I want to go to Italy in general but I would be very sad if that trip did not include Venice.
10. If we can't have another biological child, I want to somehow obtain a great amount of money to adopt a child of African descent (either an African-American child or an Ethiopian baby or something). Then, when I turn 30, I want to obtain an even greater amount of money to adopt a Chinese baby. Then we will have our own little United Nations. Perhaps I would even adopt a child with Native American blood. This way I could sing "Jesus Loves the Little Children" and really mean it. I would choreograph my children to pop up, one by one, youngest to oldest, when I got to the line red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight...This paragraph sounds a little racist. I assure you that I would not refer to my Chinese daughter as my yellow child.
I guess I tag anyone who reads this blog. Just post Ten Random Things about yourself. Feel free to link back to this blog if you want to.