Friday, May 16, 2008

Chick-fil-A

Sunshine + Lack of wind = One happy Lori.

There is a new Chick-Fil-A opening right by my house and today they were giving away free chicken sandwiches and coupons for free chicken sandwiches! So when I walked up the very nice lady was all, "Hey! Does your little guy want one too?" My response, "He sure does! Thanks." I had no idea if Garrett would eat it but if not, that meant more for me and I was okay with that. Turns out he did like it--just not quite as much as he liked the Jamba Juice we shared.

I'd never had Chick-fil-A until I moved here. Actually, I never had it until my parents came to visit at the end of March. It's good. Once upon a time I thought it was pronounced chickfilla. I wasn't too bright, apparently, and didn't realize that the capital "A" meant it was supposed to be pronounced hard. I explained this to Troy one day back at the end of 2007 and kind of laughed and called myself a dork. Troy then admitted to me that he thought the very same thing. Birds of a feather flock together I guess. But given the fact that both of us are college graduates and my husband has a master's degree in something I had to work to learn how to pronounce, I'm thinking this can't be a problem limited only to us.

In my mind I will always refer to it as Chickfilla. I can't help it.

2 comments:

  1. i also thought it was chickfilla. hmmmm, must be cuz i've never eaten there. tristan LOVES the fruit smoothies i make in the mornings for my breakfast. i started having to make extra cuz he was drinking all of mine! he didn't seem to mind the brain freeze. thanks for the invite to garrett's party! i will most certainly save the date, especially since we missed his last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the record, back in the midwest to the best of my knowledge everybody knows it's supposed to be pronounced with the long A, but we choose to pronounce it the other way just for fun.

    Of course a lot of us also pronounce quesadillas "case-o-dill-uhs" and fajitas "fudje-eye-tuhs"
    so I probably wouldn't trust us.

    ReplyDelete