Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Three Parks



I grew up going to Disneyland. Once a year, if I was very lucky. It's never lost it's magic. Main street is still made of memories, dreams, and ice cream. Adventure Land is still adventurous. And the first part of Pirates of the Caribbean is still one of my favorite places on earth.

Sharing this place with my children is just icing on the cake.


My oldest is tall enough for everything now. We're not entirely sure what my father was doing in this picture. Attempting to freak his grandson out by breathing dramatically, probably.


I'm still bitter that this isn't called The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse anymore. But I'm dealing with it...


My oldest has been dying to do the Jedi Training for at least two years now. His chance came. He got to fight Darth Vader and everything.


We also went to Knotts.


We played with Snoopy and Woodstock.

                                                          

Garrett stole the show in a Cowboy Antics fight. The actor put his hat on Garrett and my child saw fit to chase the bad guy, throw the hat at him, and generally insert himself into the show. But it wasn't pretentious or obnoxious. It was dramatic.


We had a great time.


Two days at Disneyland. One day at Knotts. Giant corn dogs in New Orleans square. Popcorn. Rainforest Cafe. Rides. Hours and hours at three amusement parks. Two hotels. Countless memories. Fun. Fun. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment