Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolution


Proverbs 31:25-30
Strength and honor are her clothing;
She shall rejoice in time to come.
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.
She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all."
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

I long to be just a little like the Proverbs 31 woman. Probably I won't plant a vineyard and probably I won't consider a field and buy it. I also will not likely stop fearing snow for my household. But oh how I hope that the heart of my husband will safely trust me. May I never take off the clothing of strength and honor. May I always be a woman who fears the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment