Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Toddler

When I got Matthew out of the car at the church this morning he grinned at me and said, "I so cute."

"And so humble," I replied, laughing. I guess if enough people tell a toddler he's cute, he just starts repeating it.

He's been doing this adorable thing lately. We'll be riding in the car and he'll say, "Mommy, yook at me!" If I'm in the passenger seat I will turn to watch him. If I'm driving I will glance quickly in the rear view mirror. He will, inevitably, be sitting in his car seat pretending to mouth the words to whatever song is on the radio. Really, he's just wagging his head from side to side and opening and closing his mouth dramatically.

He did that the entire way to Troy's softball game last night. When we were almost there, Blessed Be Your Name came on. From the backseat, the tiniest voice in our family sang, "Bessed be name of da Yord. Bessed be name. Bessed be name of da Yord. Bessed be name."

And my heart melted into a puddle of goo.

No comments:

Post a Comment