Thursday, December 27, 2007

these are a few of my favorite things...

Of all my Christmas presents, this one could be my favorite. Yep. That's a blanket sleeper. I've been trying on blanket sleepers for, um, years. I've wriggled my way into girls size 16--too tight in the arms and legs and too short. I've tried on boys size 16--t00 short in the torso. I think I've even tried on husky boys to no avail. So this year, when I made my Christmas list, I searched the Internet for adult blanket sleepers and I found the wonder that was http://www.bigfeetpjs.com/ and I rejoiced. My husband thinks I'm silly despite the fact that he purchased the footed negligee himself, though he made my seventeen month-old son give me the desired jammies. My mother and brother's girlfriend, Heather, refuse to admit that they want a pair and, instead, hide their jealousy with smirking and/or eye rolling. My father and brother are quite seriously appalled and think that ridicule is beneficial. But in any case, I was warm tonight while we played a rousing game of Imaginiff. For this pastor's wife, hot cocoa, Imaginiff and adult sized blanket sleepers equal martinis and strip poker. And really, I'm okay with that. I mean, who really wants to play strip poker--especially, um, with her brother and father?

The husband also got me, among other things, a framed picture of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse. He wanted to get me a taste of San Diego. This picture now hangs on the wall in front of my bed. When I wake up I stare at the photo and feel, just for a moment, like I am home. Or, at least, I would, if I weren't blind as bat when I first wake up in the morning. So, once I wipe the drool from my cheek, sit up, and pop in my actual eyes, I gaze upon the joy of that slice of San Diego. If I listened to some seascape CD it would be kind of like having ocean front property. We opened presents tonight with my side of the family and my brother got me a drawing of the very same lighthouse. So not only have we proven that great minds think alike, we have also proven that I like lighthouses, I like the Point Loma Lighthouse, specifically, and now I can pretend to be in San Diego in at least two of my rooms. At least I can snuggle in my fuzzy footed jams while I dream about America's finest city.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE those jammies!! i'm all about being warm at night. i sleep with a hot water bottle at my feet on chilly nights. i'm sure josh would find them quite unappealing, tho. actually, that might be a good thing because we could save money on birth control!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The adult footie jammies. OH my word. I have no words. I am laughing too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice PJ's. Weirdo. But good call with the no strip poker. Gross. I miss you guys already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Footed pajamas for adults are getting very popular. They are made by several companies in different styles as can be seen from this site:

    http://www.squidoo.com/footedpajamas

    If you want to get famous, submit a photo of you (and your guy?) if your footed pajamas to the site. If it is selected, it will be posted on the site together with a link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete