Saturday, June 20, 2015

For a Purpose

"I believe God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure." Eric Liddell

My boys are running track. Matthew is fast. He's a speedy little sprinter. He hasn't placed in the top finishers yet. He's the youngest in his age group and there are A LOT of boys who want to sprint. And the difference between first and twentieth is a second or two.

Garrett is fast. He likes to run the mile. He settles in and decides to run fast and then he just glides along. He loves to play all sports and we support him in trying new things. He did well at baseball this year. He likes to wrestle. He enjoys swimming and soccer and even played a session of basketball last year.

But when he runs...

It is natural. 

It comes easy.

I hope he feels God's pleasure.

Last week he ran four events and qualified to run three of them in a district meet on Tuesday. Only the top two moved on. 

I'm not proud of him because he runs fast. I'm proud of him because he works hard so that he can run fast. In the heat and the sun, whatever he is told to do, however long he is told to run, he just does it. He doesn't quit. And it pays off...

P.S. Notice how that division says 9/10? My guy won't even be 9 for another month.


1 comment:

  1. He was done with his cool down before most of the other runners finished. Boom.

    ReplyDelete