Monday, February 23, 2015

Notes

I'd painted two giants squares of pink in differing shades above the white rail in the boys' playroom and two giants squares of gray beneath. It was ready to turn into a baby's room. For over a month, there have been shapes of gray and pink splattered on top of dark blue and tan.

We threw all the baby stuff into the closet and closed the door.

We couldn't just leave the paint like that, though. So, knowing that my husband was going to get in there and paint over the squares of pink and the squares of gray, I sat in there for awhile. Armed with an ink pen, I wrote all over the walls.

Bible verses. Her name. Notes to the daughter I'd never know.

Today, my husband painted over the pen.

I'm glad they'll always be there, under the new layer of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment