Thursday, September 20, 2012

I Love Our Retreat!

In the fall of 2008 my friend and I planned a women's retreat. I'd never done anything of the sort. Attended them, yes. Dealt with all the logistics of planning one, no. We booked a huge house in the mountains and, in the end, twenty women's lives were enriched by the speaking, music, and fellowship of a weekend away.

My friend moved but our church planned a retreat for the next year.

And the next.

And the next.

And again this year.

We leave a week from tomorrow.

Our last day to sign up is on Sunday.

The most we've ever had attend this event is 29.

This year we have 33 paid for and another 7 or so that are planning to pay on Sunday or strongly considering it still.

I have no idea where we're putting all of these women but I know that God has called each of them to be there. Every year I have prayed that we would hit thirty (except for the first year when I prayed that we'd hit twenty). This year God has exploded the walls of my expectations.

Another church in the valley is having a women's retreat two weeks after ours with 45 women. God is doing something here, in this place, among evangelical women and I am so excited to watch it happening. A little worried about that many estrogen filled humans rubbing elbows for two days, absolutely. Apprehensive that we won't have enough space or food or bathrooms, yep. Knowing that God is going to do an amazing work for His kingdom that weekend, you betcha.

Man, I love serving the God of the Bible. He is good!

"You stay the same through the ages. Your love never changes. There may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning. And when the oceans rage, I don't have to be afraid. Because I know that You love me. Your love never fails."

No comments:

Post a Comment