Friday, December 19, 2008

Two Weeks of Christmas Memories: Episode 8

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the commercial aspects of Christmas. But I remember that my freshman year of college was an amazing time of drawing nearer to the Lord and his humble birth instead of getting swallowed by holiday vomit.

It was the first time I had mandatory chapel three times a week. There are a whole lot of people who don't like mandatory chapel and resented the fact that it was imposed upon them. For me, it was a wonderful time of being held accountable for the faith I proclaimed. Being in chapel and living on a hall with other Christians and hearing Christmas songs, often with a biblical theme for several weeks before finals would send us home to our family lives really got me into the true spirit of the season. The year that I was 18, more than any other year I can remember before or after, was truly a year spent in reflection of that holy, holy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment