Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Conversation

I miss my baby. I miss his tiny body fitting between my chin and my belly button. I miss the sweet smell of his baby breath and the way he slept in my arms. But oh how I love my toddler and the sound of his adorable little voice.

Last night I had worship rehearsal for our Christmas Eve service. I called Troy at 8:45 to let him know that he should go ahead and put Garrett to bed without me because I wouldn't be home anytime soon. He told me that he'd put Garrett on the phone so that I could say goodnight to him.

Garrett: Hi.
Me: Hi.
Garrett: Hi, baby! (I say this to him sometimes and he's a very good copy cat.)
Me: I love you!
Garrett: I lub you too, mommy.
Me: I'll see you in the morning, okay?
Garrett: Nigh-night mommy.

How did he get big enough to hold a conversation, I wonder?

Also, should I be worried about the fact that I'm singing tomorrow night and I woke up this morning with a completely sore throat and a missing voice? I plan to down tea all day and keep the speaking to a minimum. Of course, it is quite a challenge to refrain from speech while simultaneously raising a two-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment